Note: This post was originally written by Kate Devlin, a friend of mine who helps manage the site and contributes posts about her life with multiple disabilities. When I transitioned the site to a new platform, she was not migrated over as an admin and user, and her posts now look like I created them.
It’s autumn in New Jersey. I am concerned my bipolar and pain will worsen, with this change.
I am on the right pills to prevent anything. But it’s still a concern.
To those that understand this, I can offer what works for me, when I can’t get out:
1. Reading something escapist.
3. Organizing/cleaning, which I hate, but hey, anything to stay stable.
5. Reaching out to people in need, via phone calls, Facebook, or text. Helping others makes me feel I can be productive.
6. Exercise. You Tube videos help, but it’s best to know your limitations.
8. Watching an innocent kids movie or a comedy. I like clean things, myself. Helps me feel less anxious. I don’t know why. haha