Welcome to the community of people Living with Multiple Disabilities! This post will give you a brief introduction to the community and answer some questions you might have.
Who is this site for? Is it just for people who have multiple disabilities themselves?
This website is a community, and hopefully soon a nonprofit organization, for people living with multiple disabilities. Whether you’re a person with multiple disabilities, a parent or caregiver, or an ally with another connection to the multiple disability community, you’re welcome here.
What is the purpose of this site? How can it help people living with multiple disabilities?
This site is the base for a community for anyone living with multiple disabilities. Here you can do the things listed below and more:
- Get and give support
- Find and share helpful resources
- Meet people who get living with multiple disabilities, and
- Work together to advocate for change
What features does this site offer?
This website has these features:
- An activity feed so users can view recent activity like blog posts, comments, activity within groups, and updates posted by community members.
- A way to post updates on your profile or in a group, similar to Facebook
- Groups for parts of the community to talk, similar to groups on Facebook
- Forums within groups so people can discuss topics bulletin board style
- Forums outside of groups for people to share things like suggestions and introduce themselves
- Friend requests so people can connect
- Private messaging
Why were this website and the affiliated groups created?
The website and groups were created by Lanie Molinar and Kate Devlin, two people who felt that there was no support available to those who live with multiple disabilities and wanted to change this, to provide a place of support.
How can I help?
There are several ways you can help. Please see the “How to Help” page for more information.
What if I have a question not listed here?
If you have a question not listed here, please use the “Contact Us” page to send an email. We will get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.